Wednesday 3 November 2010

I LOVE my Job!!

I have the GREATEST job in the world! I mean it from the bottom of my heart. No, I`m serious- I absolutely LOVE my job!

What´s not to love about a repetitious job? I mean I get to do the same thing from Monday to Friday, five hours everyday. You must be CRAZY if you`ll get bored and frustrated by all this in three months. I get to see the same people everyday and I get asked the same questions- "How are you?", "What did you do this weekend?", "Did you get enough rest?" and the million dollar question, "How are you coping with the weather?" Who needs excitement at their job? Who needs to feel the desire to get off their beds at 6AM in the morning to go to said job? Who needs to feel a sense of purpose at their job? Surely I don`t and that´s why I LOVE my job.

OMG, I absolutely enjoy teaching/ tutoring unenthusiastic students, the majority of which can be found at this University. They`re just so adorable with their Longman Dictionaries suitable for Secondary School level Spanish and their failure to understand that at the University level a higher level of work is required. They are a teacher`s DREAM! Going to classes is even more FUN, who wouldn`t want to stand in front a class explaining their heart out about a completely boring topic whilst trying to make the class interesting and have some students completely ignore you, others whispering about you and the rest looking at you with, "I am lost" evident in their facial expressions? I envy people that don´t have a job like this and in the words of Harry Potter after he was possessed by Lord Voldemort in the last few chapters of The Order of the Phoenix, "I feel sorry for you!"

The opportunity to work alongside some of the most deceitful people in Bogotá has always been a dream of mine. From their fake smiles to their mock concern for your well- being to their backstabbing ways- I LOVE it all. I mean if a woman can use a simple, fun Karaoke party as a means of having a student banned from entering "her" office again, she most definitely must be my hero, I can learn so much from her. I LOVE it here.

Oh and if you missed it, SARCASM was most definitely intended! Although it´s obvious that I "LOVE" my job, I must say that being in Bogotá is a great opportunity to broaden my horizons and improve my Spanish. I thank God everyday for this opportunity and Shubh Divali to all :D

4 comments :

  1. Happy Divali to you as well. Looking through your other entries, you seem like quite the excited guy! Congratulations on being someone who has the opportunity to fulfil their dreams and be happy. Indeed, you are living your Spanish times. Teaching seems to cover many bases for you, and interacting with individuals who, so not long ago was yourself in that position? ^^ I'm assuming of course. (Eyes straying>>>>Good God, a double minor... eek ><) Good luck in all your endeavours, I look forward to learning about Colombia through your eyes ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarcasm is an amazing thing :). Words cannot describe how amusing i find this post, especially the whole unenthusiastic students part because I'm pretty sure some of my teachers feel exactly the same way as you do. A really worthwhile read :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you very much. Your latest blog is great as well but maybe I should write that under your post!

    ReplyDelete