Saturday 16 July 2011

Harry Potter 7, Part 2: The Good, The Bad and The Indifferent



"Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, come to die!", Lord Voldemort.


It was the end of an era on July 15th, 2011 as the final installment in the Harry Potter movie franchise premiered worldwide. As an original HP fan- I actually read, understood and re- read ALL the books when the movies were only an idea- I was VERY excited about seeing the final movie. For me, it was the end of an era and in some weird way it came full circle and I finished the journey with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Owing to the sentimental nature that this movie held for me, it was very infuriating to hear cell phones ringing, people steupsing or see people walking out the cinema saying that the movie was too long and real shit. Ugh! Those blasted bandwagonists who didn't appreciate what HP has meant and will continue to mean for many a HP fan. The movie lasted a little over two hours, was full of twists and turns and surprisingly, kept as close as possible to the book. I'm thinking of doing two or three blogs to share my thoughts about the movie because I cannot and would not condense all the information into one blog post; it's not fair to Harry. I intend to publish these blogs during the weekend so as to give the other fans a chance to watch the movie and enjoy the posts even more. Yay, I'm excited and I hope you are too. Until the next one!

2 comments :

  1. Omg Gobin! I swear I went mad when I had bandwagonists behind me saying oh how it wasn't all that! Ah I wanted to slap them til their high pitched voice-boxes shattered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... I know right! I wanted to Avada Kedavra their a**es!

    ReplyDelete